Thursday, March 4, 2021

Introduction to the Louisiana 16 Journey


Hello.

My name is Zann Nelson and I live in Virginia.  I am over the moon about this Blog and the publication of the names of those who were enslaved by the Taylors in Point Coupee Parish, Louisiana.  The opportunity to enrich this list with my research on these ancestors is very important to me and hopefully all the readers. Thank you to the Thom Family descendants for sharing!  I will be posting on a regular basis detailing the research that resulted from a project I initiated and have written about called the Louisiana 16.

To entice you a bit, please read this very brief introduction.  

I was the director of the Montpelier (James Madison's home) Descendants' Project, researching the lives of the enslaved and finding living descendants.  It was discovered that in 1834 Madison sold an estimated 16 enslaved people of color to his distant cousin William Taylor. They were relocated to his plantations in Louisiana. It is that discovery that launched a multi-year journey for me with remarkable findings. 

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome inquiries or information regarding the people named in these records. This blog and the research related to it are a work in progress.

Introduction to the Louisiana 16 Journey

Hello. My name is Zann Nelson and I live in Virginia.  I am over the moon about this Blog and the publication of the names of those who we...